Brussels, 13 October 2023 — BETTER FINANCE, the European Federation of Investors and Financial Services Users, in collaboration with IVA - the Austrian Shareholder Association, is pleased to announce that the International Investors Conference at the Vienna Stock Exchange and Oesterreichische Kontrollbank (OeKB) got off to a great start this morning.
Keynote Carmine di Noia, Director for Financial and Enterprise Affairs at the OECD: “Private capital is essential in propelling the EU's growth and transition objectives, with a particular focus on financial consumer protection and corporate governance. Even if the economic outlook is difficult”.
Othmar Karas, First Vice President of the European Parliament: “The conference's showcases the imperative for increased European collaboration to tackle current challenges. The potential economic benefits of further EU integration are estimated at 2200 billion euros per year. Completing the economic and monetary union alone would bring 322 billion euros per year. Accessible capital markets through initiatives such as the Capital Markets Union along with investments in sustainable green technologies, align with the ambitious goal of achieving climate neutrality by 2050”.
The conference will feature a lineup of distinguished speakers and engage in thorough discussions on critical subjects, such as:
- Advancements in Capital Markets in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE): Exploring the latest developments and opportunities for investors in the CEE region.
- Insights into the Retail Investment Strategy Proposed by the European Commission: Empowering Individual Investors: Improving Outcomes and Ensuring Best Execution.
- The Latest Developments in Sustainability Reporting Standards: An examination of the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) and the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB).
- The Current State of Pensions in Austria and Across Europe: A comprehensive look at pension systems and their impact on investors.
- Discussions on Collective Redress and Considerations Regarding Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Factors: Analysing the growing importance of ESG factors in investment decisions and collective redress mechanisms.
This prestigious event unites financial experts, policymakers, and industry leaders to address key topics concerning the advancement of sustainable and accessible markets for European investors. Supported by prominent sponsors and the European Union, it offers a vital platform for insightful discussions and networking.
Sponsors of this exceptional event include ERSTE Group, Raiffeisen Bank International (RBI), Vienna Insurance Group (VIG), Wiener Börse, Oesterreichische Kontrollbank (OeKB), Scalable Capital, Mazars, and the World Gold Council, with the backing of the E