As part of the European Responsible Investment Network (ERIN), BETTER FINANCE has joined forces with ShareAction and other NGOs to launch an EU Elections Manifesto, urging EU policymakers to take bold action on sustainable finance. Within this manifesto, we have outlined our key recommendations for the upcoming European Commission:
- Accelerate investments in Europe's transition to a zero-carbon and inclusive economy
- Curb greenwashing & social washing
- Set strong standards for investor due diligence & engagement
- Account for the risks of harmful investments
- Remove obstacles for consumers to invest sustainably
- Enhance accountability and sustainability expertise in corporate governance practices
➡ Read the full Manifesto here.