FINANCE OFFICER – VACANCY
BETTER FINANCE is looking for a full-time Finance Officer to join the team in Brussels. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day office management, office finances & HR, administration and coordination and communication with members. The successful candidate will be required to cooperate closely with the other members of the team and will be seconded by an intern. We are a young, flexible and dynamic organisation offering an interesting work environment on EU policy issues.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. Manage general administration and contractors: financial management and liaison with the external accountant, liaison with landlord and suppliers, etc.;
2. Assist the Managing Director in the management of EC grant applications and administration: overseeing, editing, formatting, writing the documents relative to the applications of grants, work programme reports, etc.;
3. Assist the Managing Director in the management of human resources and relationships with the “Secrétariat social”;
4. Manage communication with members and internal communication, in particular management of legal and financial issues (membership fees, bylaws, etc) and relations with potential new members;
5. Manage incoming calls, visitors, mail and email inquiries;
6. Manage the Managing Director’s diary, including appointments, travel and contacts with the support of an intern;
7. Organise and coordinate internal events such as General Assemblies, Legal Committees and Board Meetings;
8. Assist in the organisation and management of international conferences, workshops and other external events;
9. When asked, attend and report on meetings at the European institutions, organisations and other relevant internal and external events;
10. If time allows, there will be the opportunity for the successful applicant to also work on selected areas of either policy, research or communication – based on the applicant’s qualifications and interests.
The Finance Officer will report to the Managing Director.
We are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player willing to take initiative within the portfolio of assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- 1. Be committed to BETTER FINANCE’s mission;
2. Minimum two years of relevant experience in similar functions, preferably within a Belgian association, international NGO or trade association;
3. Experience of managing office finances and budgets is a distinct advantage (some accounting knowledge not required, but useful);
4. Experience of managing relations with members, including invoicing and administrative aspects;
5. Experience of working on EU-funded projects;
6. Fluency in English and French is required. Fluency in another European language is considered an asset;
7. Good IT knowledge, particularly Excel and Word;
8. Good organisation skills are a must;
9. Team player and detailed oriented, with the capacity to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
10. Candidates must be legally allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance in obtaining a visa).
The ideal start date would be as soon as possible.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and motivation letter (confirming their availability / notice period) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-European candidates are also asked to confirm their availability to work in Belgium.
The deadline for applications is Sunday the 5th of January, however an earlier application is advised, as we reserve the right to conclude the recruitment before the deadline in order to fill the vacancy as soon as possible.