BETTER FINANCE is offering a full-time Communications Internship for the duration of 6 months. The successful candidate will join the BETTER FINANCE team in Brussels and assist the communications team as well as ensure the day-to-day office management and administration.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Chief Communications Officer in the execution of the organisation`s communication strategy, with a particular focus on social media;
- Update and provide content for the organisation’s website, including researching new stories related to EU financial policies and drafting newsletters;
- Assist in the continuous development of the organisation’s communication strategy and improve its online presence with a particular focus on infographics and informational videos;
- Ensure continuous updates of the Contacts’ Database
- Attend and report on meetings at the European institutions, organisations and other relevant internal and external events;
- Provide administrative support to the office;
- Assist the policy and research team on development of research reports;
- Assist in the organisation of General Assembly and Board meetings;
- Assist in the organisation of international conferences and other external meetings, including the preparation of event documentation, communication with members and logistics;
- Assist with other activities on a daily basis as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player willing to take initiative within the portfolio of assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- On-going studies or recent university graduate (2021) with previous experience (internship/volunteer) in communication and interest in financial issues;
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in the European Union institutions and its financial policies is an asset;
- Perfect fluency in English is required, with fluency in French a strong German also a plus;
- Good IT (proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), social media skills as well as interest in managing online tools;
- Experience with infographics, video editing or production of podcasts will be considered a strong advantage;
- Team player, detail-oriented, with the capacity of handling multiple and frequently changing tasks and priorities.
Candidates must be legally allowed to work in Belgium (unfortunately BETTER FINANCE cannot provide assistance in obtaining a visa).
A monthly allowance will be provided based on the submission of costs.
Thus, we strongly encourage candidates who can enroll in a European mobility/exchange programme such as the European ERASMUS+ programme to send their application.
We are ideally looking for a candidate that could start in December 2021 /January 2022.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter (confirming their availability and
possibility to be enrolled in an exchange programme for the duration of the internship) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 21/11/2021. However, an earlier application is advised, as we reserve the right to conclude the recruitment before the deadline if a suitable candidate is found.
BETTER FINANCE values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We especially welcome applications by people from groups traditionally under-represented in finance.