BETTER FINANCE is offering a full-time Communications Internship for the duration of 6 months. The successful candidate will join the BETTER FINANCE team in Brussels and assist the communications team as well as ensure the day-to-day office management and administration. We have a preference for candidates who are eligible to enrol in a European mobility/exchange programme such as the European ERASMUS+ programme or similar programmes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Chief Communications Officer in the execution of the organisation`s communication strategy, with a particular focus on social media;
- Update and provide content for the organisation`s website, including researching new stories related to EU financial policies and drafting newsletters;
- Assist in the continuous development of the organisation`s communication strategy and improve its online presence with a particular focus on infographics and informational videos;
- Ensure continuous updates of the Contacts’ Database
- Attending and reporting on meetings at the European institutions, organisations and other relevant internal and external events;
- Providing administrative support to the office;
- Assisting the policy and research team on development of research reports;
- Assisting in the organisation of General Assembly and Board meetings;
- Assisting in the organisation of international conferences and other external meetings, including preparing event documentation, communicating with members and logistics;
- Assisting with other activities on a daily basis as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player willing to take initiative within the portfolio of assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- On-going studies or recent university graduate with previous experience in communication and interest in financial issues;
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in the European Union institutions and its financial policies is an asset;
- Perfect fluency in English is required, with fluency in French a strong advantage. German also a plus;
- Good IT (proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), social media skills as well as interest in managing online tools;
- Experience with infographics, video editing or production of podcasts will be considered a strong advantage;
- Team player, detail-oriented, with the capacity of handling multiple and frequently changing tasks and priorities;
- Candidates must be legally allowed to work in Belgium (unfortunately BETTER FINANCE cannot provide assistance in obtaining a visa);
- We strongly prefer candidates who are able to be enrolled in a European mobility/exchange programme such as the European ERASMUS+ programme. A monthly allowance will be provided based on the submission of costs.
We are ideally looking for a candidate that could start in June 2021. Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter (confirming their availability and possibility to be enrolled in an exchange programme for the duration of the internship) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 18/06/2021, but we strongly recommend sending applications as soon as possible since we reserve the right to take a recruitment decision earlier.