BETTER FINANCE is continually hiring full-time interns for the duration of 6 months, the next position starting in September 2019. The successful candidate will join the Better Finance team in Brussels and assist with day-to-day office management, administration as well as the office’s efforts on research, policy and communication.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing administrative support to the office;
- Assisting in the organisation of General Assembly and Board meetings;
- Assisting in the organisation of the international conference and other external meetings, including preparing event documentation, communicating with members and logistics;
- Contributing to out our research and policy efforts
- Attending and reporting on meetings at the European institutions, organisations and other relevant internal and external events;
- Assisting with other activities on daily basis as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player willing to take initiative within the portfolio of assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- On-going studies or recent university graduate with a focus on finance, economics, law, business administration or related fields;
- Knowledge and demonstrated the interest in the European Union institutions and its financial policies is an asset;
- Perfect fluency in English in required, with fluency in French a strong advantage. German is also a plus;
- Good IT (proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), social media skills as well as interest in managing online tools;
- Team player, detail oriented and have the capacity to handle multiple and often changing tasks and priorities;
- The ideal starting date would be early February 2019.
- We will prefer candidates who are able to be enrolled in an exchange programme such as the European ERASMUS+ programme.
- A small monthly housing allowance (EUR 400/month) will be provided based on the submission of housing costs. However, no other financial assistance can be provided.
- Candidates must be legally allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance in obtaining a visa)
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter (confirming their availability for the duration of the internship) in English to email@example.com.