BETTER FINANCE is offering a full-time internship for the duration of 6 months, starting in February 2019. The successful candidate will join the Better Finance team in Brussels and assist with day-to-day office management, administration as well as the office’s efforts on research, policy and communication.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing administrative support to the office;
- Assisting in the organisation of General Assembly and Board meetings;
- Assisting in the organisation of international conference and other external meetings, including: preparing event documentation, communicating with members and logistics;
- Contributing to out our research and policy efforts
- Attending and reporting on meetings at the European institutions, organisations and other relevant internal and external events;
- Assisting with other activities on daily basis as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player willing to take initiative within the portfolio of assigned tasks. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- On-going studies or recent university graduate with a focus on finance, economics, law, business administration or related fields;
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in the European Union institutions and its financial policies is an asset;
- Perfect fluency in English in required, with fluency in French a strong advantage. German is also a plus;
- Good IT (proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), social media skills as well as interest in managing online tools;
- Team player, detail oriented and have the capacity to handle multiple and often changing tasks and priorities;
- The ideal starting date would be early February 2019.
- We will prefer candidates who are able to be enrolled in an exchange programme such as the European ERASMUS+ programme.
- A small monthly housing allowance (EUR 400/month) will be provided based on submission of housing costs. However, no other financial assistance can be provided.
- Candidates must be legally allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance in obtaining a visa)
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter (confirming their availability for the duration of the internship) in English to info(at)betterfinance.eu. The deadline for applications is 15 January 2018, although we strongly encourage earlier submissions since the starting date is the 4th of February 2019.